Transmute Death (Action Powers)
|Templates for Action|
- Main article: Powers (Action)
You can create and repair basic items out of bone, rusted metal, rotted cloth, and other tomb material. In this way you can create personal gear of Blacksmith sophistication or repair any kind of item. Items are permanent but turn to dust in a few minutes if used by a creature isn't undead and does not have this ability. The difficulty is the Toughness of the item; weapons and armor are made for a specific creature and have a difficulty equal to they damage or toughness they grant.
Brambles of Bones
You can create a palisade of bone, a bramble of sharp bone shards and grinning skulls that is extremely hard to pass trough. You can cover a number of square meters of brambles equal to your Mind, making one massive bristle or making a wall, palisade, or even a labyrinth with passages inside the area. The height of each square of brambles is equal to the number of adjacent squares of bramble, and each square must be adjacent to at least one other square.
Anyone in the brambles when it is created risks being restrained. Make an Create check against each target's Dodge. On a success the target is partially bound and suffers one of the penalties noted below. On an Outcome matching the target's Reflexes he is severely bound and suffers three of the conditions. Conditions are applied in this order; immobilized, bound legs, bound arms, hogtie, blinded. Apply the first condition on this list the target doesn't already suffer from. Physical restraint in Action does not completely prevent a hero from action, they impose handicaps to be overcome.
- Gagging prevents mundane speech. Stymies all Charm and Impress checks.
- Handcuffing is when your hands are tied in front of you, but not so tightly as to make them completely unusable; you can still use one hand effectively, such as using weapons or tools of Small size or smaller.
- Hobbling indicates restrained legs, but not fixed to each other. It means you cannot move as part of a normal Basic Action, and can only move your normal move when you do a Full Move action or otherwise do an action that grants extra movement..
- Immobilized, stuck to something, alternatively on a short leash which prevents movement beyond one or two meters. If you are stuck to a creature whose Body is greater than yours, you are forced along as it moves, otherwise you are both immobilized unless you two cooperate.
- Bound Legs you fall prone and cannot stand unsupported, which prevents and hinders many actions as determined by the situation and stunt description. Your Move is reduced to 1. Swimming and flying creatures are entangled, with similar effects.
- Bound Arms prevent most physical manipulation and the use of weapons and implements. You can still use tackles and head butts for (Body +0) damage or a Tiny Ranged Weapon, but limited to Close range.
- Blinded restricts your awareness, giving you only a rough estimate of objects and creatures in a diameter equal to your Mind; you are insensitive to things beyond this range. Everyone has enough concealment to Sneak on you, and against creatures beyond your perception range, you have to use Reflexes rather than Recon for defense against Recon stunts.
- (or more) Hogtie A hogtied character cannot act physically and can only move one meter as a standard action; no movement is otherwise allowed. This also prevents all Defense actions.
Creatures entering the area or who have freed themselves are not restrained but must make a Free Running check against your Create when moving about in the bramble. Ranged attacks trough a meter of bristles the area have a Cover difficulty equal to your Create. The bones are brittle, but too many to break individually. It has Toughness equal to your Mind but is only sensitive to area attacks or Feats of Strength - cutting individual bones can free someone who is bound, but does not harm the bramble itself. An area attack that destroys the bristle clears an area under the volume of the area. The bristles turn brittle and loose one point of Toughness for every 15 minutes they exist, falling apart after a while.
You cause an object to age and corrode, potentially reducing it to dust. This does not work on mobile objects. Make a Create check against the object's Body. On a success, the object takes a Setback. If you roll twice the object's Body, it is destroyed. Certain object that are particularly inert (bedrock, sand) or is particularly relevant to the plot cannot be destroyed this way.
You can bind spirits to create a haunt, a danger similar to a trap but powered by spirits of the dead. This must be done using the remains of a creature that violently or with remorse, or in a location where such death or violent emotions occurred. When the haunt attacks, make a Create roll against the Dodge of the victim, with the usual +3 bonus for being hidden. It does damage equal to your Create. This is usually usually Spiritual or Enervation damage, but might be any type of damage appropriate to the scene reenacted. It need not do direct damage, and often has other gruesome effects similar to Interaction Stunts.
A haunt is a Curse. It can normally activate only once in any given day, but it is very hard to permanently end. A haunt always provides a clue to its own nature, reenacting a scene related to the event it builds upon, and this usually provides a clue on how to end the haunt.