Summon Plant (Action Powers)
|Templates for Action|
You can grant a mundane plant will and mobility, turning it into a Plant Elemental. It gains the Plant Elemental type, a Body based on its mass and a sum of Mind, Reflexes, Move and number of schticks no higher than your Impress. None of these attributes can exceed your Mind.
An awakened plant starts out with a positive attitude towards you, but its natural tendency is to lose interest and want to return to a sedentary existence, moving only to defend local plant life, especially that of its former type.
You animate plants in a diameter equal to your Mind and cause them to restrain all creatures in the area. The area needs to be overgrown; knee-tall grass or more substantial plant growth suffices. Make an Impress check against each target's Dodge. On a success the target is partially bound and suffers one of the penalties noted below. On an Outcome matching the target's Reflexes he is severely bound and suffers three of the conditions. Conditions are applied in this order; immobilized, bound legs, bound arms, hogtie, blindfold. Physical restraint in Action does not completely prevent a hero from action, they impose handicaps to be overcome.
- Gagging prevents mundane speech. Stymies all Charm and Impress checks.
- Handcuffing is when your hands are tied in front of you, but not so tightly as to make them completely unusable; you can still use one hand effectively, such as using weapons or tools of Small size or smaller.
- Hobbling indicates restrained legs, but not fixed to each other. It means you cannot move as part of a normal Basic Action, and can only move your normal move when you do a Full Move action or otherwise do an action that grants extra movement..
- Immobilized, stuck to something, alternatively on a short leash which prevents movement beyond one or two meters. If you are stuck to a creature whose Body is greater than yours, you are forced along as it moves, otherwise you are both immobilized unless you two cooperate.
- Bound Legs you fall prone and cannot stand unsupported, which prevents and hinders many actions as determined by the situation and stunt description. Your Move is reduced to 1. Swimming and flying creatures are entangled, with similar effects.
- Bound Arms prevent most physical manipulation and the use of weapons and implements. You can still use tackles and head butts for (Body +0) damage or a Tiny Ranged Weapon, but limited to Close range.
- Blinded restricts your awareness, giving you only a rough estimate of objects and creatures in a diameter equal to your Mind; you are insensitive to things beyond this range. Everyone has enough concealment to Sneak on you, and against creatures beyond your perception range, you have to use Reflexes rather than Recon for defense against Recon stunts.
- (or more) Hogtie A hogtied character cannot act physically and can only move one meter as a standard action; no movement is otherwise allowed. This also prevents all Defense actions.
These restraints can be dispelled, escaped with a Contortions stunt pitting Reflexes against your Impress or destroyed; they have a Body equal to your Impress. Unlike other bonds, large weapons do not suffer a penalty when severing plant entanglements.
This is an instant effect; entering the area after the effect is cast does not cause you to be entangled.
You control the growth of all plants (but not Plant Elementals) in an area with a diameter equal to your Mind, stunting plants or making them fill all or part of this area with dense foliage. The effect is permanent, but can cleared like any area of heavy growth. The difficulty is the highest plant-based Free Running difficulty in the area, and affects an area with a radius equal to your Impress check.
You can create difficult ground, with a Free Running difficulty equal to your Impress. A creature whose Body matches your Impress is too massive to be affected by this. The foliage also obscures vision and ranged attacks, imposing a penalty of -1 per meter of distance. This can also be used to create open ground, construct simple wooden buildings, bridges etc, or to bless or curse crops, pastures and woodlands, affecting yields. If you make plants grow in unsustainable ways, they will wither and die in hours.
Summon Plant Elemental
You can seize a creature whose True Name you know through time and space and bring it into your presence. The creature must be in another dimension or juncture, and not currently summoned, imprisoned or otherwise occupied. You can summon one Henchman or a number of Minions of the same type equal to your Mind. It takes an Impress roll against the creature's Dodge or Impress to summon. The creature immediately makes an initiative check to see when it will next act, but this cannot be earlier than the shot in which it is summoned. In future rounds, the creature has its own initiative score. You can also use this power again on a creature (or group of unnamed creatures) you have summoned along with an Impress roll against the creature's Dodge or Impress, in order to extend your control over it until the end of the following round. During combat, you must succeed at this action each round or the creature will break free, but you can try repeatedly in each round. Out of combat, you only need to roll every scene, but any failed roll means you lose control of the creature. While a creature is under your control, you can order it to return to its home plane at any time. A creature that breaks free of control can choose to return on its own. Summoned creatures can also be Dispelled. You can also use this power to take control of a summoned creature did not summon yourself whose True Name you know. This requires an Impress roll against the creature's Dodge or Impress or against its summoner's Impress if he is present.
A creature cannot be ordered to perform deeds alien to its nature; an air elemental cannot be summoned into solid earth or water, an Epitome cannot act against its spiritual inclination, and so on. Summoned creatures can perceive your aura as you summon them. Their initial attitude depends on your reputation among this kind of creature and whether you have an allegiance or pact with them. In case of extreme misalignment, you may not even be able to summon them at all.
When you lose control of a summoned creature it usually returns home shortly; the creature knows anyone who knows its true name can seize control of it as noted above. But the creature might choose to remain on your plane indefinitely to act out its inclination. In order to acquire lengthy services you must bargain with the creature, or use a Power Experiment or other means to acquire its services. If you bargain a creature into a formal pact, it is considered controlled for as long as the conditions of the pact are met and cannot break the contract or return to its home until the pact expires.
This power only works on Plant Elementals.