Notebook for (Open)Solaris labs. My primary goals are to learn:
- ZFS: How does snapshots, mirroring, space allocation/quota and other features work?
- Service administration
- Solaris AMP (Apache/MySQL/PHP) install
- Can I get a daily logwatch email without too much trouble?
The last time I used Solaris was around 2000 or so, and things have changed quite a bit.
Test of Indiana
I've installed the new 2008.05 "Indiana" version of OpenSolaris. It allows for ZFS use of entire disk. Observations:
- Network automagic is enabled by default. This means a DHCP address is assigned.
- Network setup appears to have changed since Solaris 8.
From the nwamd man page:
To go from auto-magic mode to manual mode: % svcadm disable svc:/network/physical:nwam % svcadm enable svc:/network/physical:default