This page contains notes for creating heraldry art for use in games. This is mostly a technical issue, and I'm currently looking into software.
- Freehand: The "paste into" function is very handy when placing objects into a shield shape. This is not available in Illustrator. Can export to .ai or editable .eps. In both cases, clipping paths are constructed. Note: Check if SVG export is available.
- Corel Draw: I have some old clip art in Corel Draw format (version 8). Sadly, neither Freehand nor Illustrator can read these files, but CD can export to .ai. Note: Check if a batch converter is available!
- Illustrator: Probably the tool I should learn to use.
- Inkscape. Open source. It can apparently do the paste into thing. See this link.
- SVG raven/crow - For use in Cormyr (Ruthwen Ironcrow).
- Cormyr - examples of fantasy heraldry.