Imbue Metal (Action Powers)
|Templates for Action|
- Main article: Powers (Action)
You can manipulate nearby tools and metal objects, and can use metal objects (such as a tool, some scrap metal, a metal gauntlet or a metal-studded glove) to manipulate any kind of object within Mind meters of you, just as if you were using your regular hands. You can also use this to attack with a metallic melee weapon against any target in range.
You bind your opponent in bands of metal. Make a Melee check against the target's Dodge. On a success the target is partially bound and suffers one of the penalties noted below. On an Outcome matching the target's Reflexes he is more severely bound and suffers three of the conditions, or you can choose the result of the die on one condition. Physical restraint in Action does not completely prevent a hero from action, they impose handicaps to be overcome.
- Gagging prevents mundane speech. Stymies all Charm and Impress checks.
- Handcuffing is when your hands are tied in front of you, but not so tightly as to make them completely unusable; you can still use one hand effectively, such as using weapons or tools of Small size or smaller.
- Hobbling indicates restrained legs, but not fixed to each other. It means you cannot move as part of a normal Basic Action, and can only move your normal move when you do a Full Move action or otherwise do an action that grants extra movement..
- Immobilized, stuck to something, alternatively on a short leash which prevents movement beyond one or two meters. If you are stuck to a creature whose Body is greater than yours, you are forced along as it moves, otherwise you are both immobilized unless you two cooperate.
- Bound Legs you fall prone and cannot stand unsupported, which prevents and hinders many actions as determined by the situation and stunt description. Your Move is reduced to 1. Swimming and flying creatures are entangled, with similar effects.
- Bound Arms prevent most physical manipulation and the use of weapons and implements. You can still use tackles and head butts for (Body +0) damage or a Tiny Ranged Weapon, but limited to Close range.
- Blinded restricts your awareness, giving you only a rough estimate of objects and creatures in a diameter equal to your Mind; you are insensitive to things beyond this range. Everyone has enough concealment to Sneak on you, and against creatures beyond your perception range, you have to use Reflexes rather than Recon for defense against Recon stunts.
- (or more) Hogtie A hogtied character cannot act physically and can only move one meter as a standard action; no movement is otherwise allowed. This also prevents all Defense actions.
These restraints can be escaped with a Contortions stunt pitting Reflexes against your Melee or destroyed by another person; they have a Body equal to your Melee. Weapons larger and more unwieldy than a dagger take an attack penalty equal to their damage add when attacking bonds.
Stance (Damage Boost)
You can imbue a Melee or Shoot attack with an additional type of damage. The damage of the attack increases by +2 and is resisted by the worst soak value of either attack. This increases the damage by two. This is the same as the Melee Weapon ability Dual Damage. Several kinds of additional damage does not further increase the damage of the attack, but uses the lowest soak value among the types.
Needle Sharpness does Piercing damage.
After you throw a metal weapon, you can use this to instantly retrieve it.
Trigger Action (Combo)
You imbue a metal weapon with increased flexibility. If you miss with a melee attack with a metal weapon (not a thrown attack), you can use this to make an additional melee attack with that weapon. Any Trigger Actions used against the first attack do not apply against this second attack.
You can extend a powerful natural weapon that can be used in melee and does Body +4 Piercing damage. This is not a damage-boosting stance; it is a natural weapon. It can be used with damage-boosting stances like Needle Sharpness.
You create one or more melee weapons in your hand(s). These function exactly as normal weapons of the type you choose to create, but are magical constructs made of ephemeral materials and not of any particular material a creature might be vulnerable or resistant to. They disappear at the end of any round when it is not in your hand. You must be familiar with a weapon to create it this way.
This power can create metal weapons; almost all melee weapons can be made of metal, as can crossbows and guns.
You can also use this to transmute a weapon you are using into another weapon or into another material - in this way a dagger can be turned into a shield or a spear into a silver spear.
You can warp metal by touch, turning metal tools and objects into a useless mass of weird metal for a scene. When the duration is up it returns to its original form. Make a Melee attack to touch an opponent's armor or weapon. Opponents gain no bonus when using the Block or Parry abilities of metal items against this attack. A hit on armor renders any metal armor ineffectual for the rest of the scene. If you strike a metal-armored opponent several times with this power, treat later attacks as if you were using Iron Grip. If you hit a metal weapon, the opponent loses the grip on his weapon. He can immediately spend three shots retrieving it. If he chooses not to, or if your Outcome matches his Reflexes, the weapons is warped and useless. Against objects and creatures made of metal that lack armor (or whose armor you have defeated), such as Metal Elementals and most Robots this power instead does Body +6 damage.
Make a Normal Melee Attack with a melee weapon against all adjacent enemies. You cannot move as a part of this basic action, nor can you do Trigger Actions during the shot you do this. See Combination Action for how you can combine this with movement.