Emote Spiritual (Action Powers)
|Templates for Action|
- Main article: Powers (Action)
You can awaken and converse with lingering spell effects as if they were intelligent creatures. If you are charming enough, they may let you off, or even change sides. Make an opposed Charm roll against the creator of the power. If you succeed, you can convince the power to change its effect in a minor way, moving about one meter or changing target from you to something harmless. On an outcome matching the creator's Mind, you gain control of the effect as if you were the user of the original power, or you can cancel the effect and then use it once during the current scene.
Focus of the Soul
You can find the focus of another person's soul, the central dilemma or struggle defining their life at the moment. While you can use this on voluntary targets, it only works on allies when there is a concrete issue for you to help them with. You can use this insight to influence them and possibly help them resolve the dilemma and grow. For the rest of the adventure, you gain the following benefits towards the target.
- Any successful interaction you use against the target causes a Setback.
- You can use a Trigger Action to cause any action the target takes to be Stymied.
- As a Basic Action , you can make the target Focused.
This also allows you to advice and guide the target on how to resolve the dilemma, based on your own wisdom, discretion, and teachings. If done in good faith this is often a help, but success hinges on the target's willingness to cooperate.
Listen to the Heart
You are sensitive to the wishes and dreams of spiritual people, especially those sharing your faith and/or credo. You can sense the mood of a congregation, and know if there is dissident or doubt. You can sense the dreams people have, especially if projected as prayer. You can get a general feeling for a person with an opposed Charm roll, particularly in regard to to matters of faith.
This power seals away, confines, and placates a supernatural creature, making it harmless. Supernatural creatures include Fairies, Epitomes, Gifted, and Strange. The creature does not need to breathe, eat, or drink while sealed, nor does it age. It can use its powers, but only on voluntary recipients; an unwilling target is automatically immune. It cannot use powers on itself. Choose one of the following forms of confinement:
- Slumber: The creature falls into a deep, comatose sleep. If harmed, it is freed. It can be temporarily awakened for short conversations.
- Chaining: The subject is confined to the spot it occupied when it received the power. Nothing can move the creature from the spot as long as the power is active.
- Idolatry: The subject is imprisoned in an object. It is comatose, but any creature touching the object can awaken it and communicate with it. Breaking the object frees the creature.
- Metamorphosis: The creature is transformed. If the shape it has been transformed into is slain, the creature is released.
- It assumes gaseous form, except for its head or face.
- It is shrunk to a height of 1 inch or less.
- It is transformed into a mundane animal or person.
- Combination You can combine several kinds of confinement.
In addition to what is noted above, Sealing can be broken like a Curse.
The duration depends on your Mind. The power can be extended by casting this ritual again. It is common practice to institute a yearly ceremony to re-seal a powerful creature bound this way. You can use Mental Push to extend the duration.
|5 or less||A month and a day|
|6-8||A year and a day|
|9-11||A decade and a day|
|12-14||A century and a day|
|15 or more||A millennium and a day|
You talk to spirits and listen to what they have to say; the result is similar to Gather Information, only you learn of things relevant to spirits instead of people.
You listen to rumors in a radius of 100 meters times your Charm, but if there is a distinct territorial division in the area the power's effects do not cross such a boundary. Examples of such borders include a specific cave complex, city/countryside limits, a shore separating land and sea, or the limits of a major forest or other distinctive terrain limit. The ritual must be performed in the locale you wish to inquire about, and involves wandering around and actually conversing with spirits, which might be dangerous in certain places.
You have a principle as a spiritual companion, a Henchman Extra with a maximum skill equal to your Charm who looks out for your interest and will accompany you on adventures. Spirit guides generally have Spirit Form as their natural form, with you as their medium.
You are in constant telepathic communication with your spirit guide. It sees advising you as it's primary role, but will also help you in other ways as needed.
You inspire others to be inspiring, pious, and devout. Whenever someone in the vicinity fails an action based on these virtues, you can take a trigger action to give him an immediate Confident reroll. This applies to most uses of the Impress skill, and to other skills and rolls as determined my the GM.