Berei (Greyhawk Action)
The Flan goddess of matriarchy and motherhood. The daughter and incarnation of Beory, Berei is the first human and queen mother of the Flan people just as Beory is the mother of the Flan gods. She is not as impartial as Beory, more worldly and practical.
Berei (BEAR-ay) is possibly a splinter cult of Beory that has taken on an anthropomorphic persona. Berei is the life-giving soil and the strong stone that is the foundation of a safe home. She is shown as a strong-backed woman of brown skin and kind demeanor, and her holy symbol is a sheaf of wheat stalks. As the goddess of the home and family, she blesses weddings, gives fertility, she protects the household and its members, guides the hands of those who till the soil, and teaches ways to care for the land. Beory is the only deity that concerns her.
The family is the strongest tie between individuals, and one must learn to support and depend upon one's family to survive. A community is a form of large family, and when another family is in need it is the duty of the community to provide for them. The birth of a new child in a time of plenty is a great blessing and an opportunity to resolve differences and restore frayed connections within the family. Care must be taken with every planting so that life can begin there again the next year.
Clerics of Berei tend to stay close to their families, serve as advisers and protectors, advise farmers on crops, and restore barren land. Some of her clerics choose to wander, planting seeds, looking for exotic crops, and carrying news between communities. They often adopt their traveling companions as family members, and consider these bonds as sacred as those of blood relatives.
Community, Earth, Good, Plant, Protection.
Watch the land around you, contemplating how they can be foraged and cultivated to support you and your allies. Think of your own mate(s) and sing a hymn to them while you fantasize your progeny and their destiny on this land. Gain a +2 sacred bonus on Fortitude saves.
- Weather Watcher (Sp) endure elements 3/day, mature plant 2/day, or plant growth 1/day
- Homestead (Ex) As a free action, you can grant yourself and any allies within 30 feet of you the ability to move through undergrowth at normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment, as the druid's woodland stride ability. This effect covers a 100 ft. radius around the locale you made you most recent obedience.
Thorns, briars, and overgrown areas that are enchanted or magically manipulated to impede motion still affect you and your allies. While using this ability, you also gain a +4 sacred or profane bonus on saving throws against spells and effects that would cause such terrain-based movement impairment, such as the entangle spell. (Your allies do not also gain this bonus.)
- Elemental Ally (Sp) Once per day as a standard action, you can cast summon monster VII to summon a greater elemental of a type you choose. You gain telepathic communication with the elemental to a range of 100 feet, and the elemental obeys your commands perfectly.
- Green Worker (Sp) entangle 3/day, warp wood 2/day, or speak with plants 1/day
- Nature Child (Su) You become resistant to acid, cold, electricity, or fire effects. Each day you can have resistance against a different effect. The first time you take acid, cold, electricity, or fire in a day, you gain resistance equal to 5 + your Hit Dice against that energy type.
- Nature's Companion (Ex) Your animal companion develops greater combat prowess, mental acumen, and protection against natural elements. First, your animal companion gains a +1 bonus to its Intelligence and Wisdom scores. Second, your animal companion gains a +2 sacred or profane bonus on attack and damage rolls. Third, your animal companion gains a +4 sacred or profane bonus on all saving throws against cold, electricity, and fire spells and effects. If you don’t have an animal companion, you instead gain the ability to use summon nature’s ally VII as a spell-like ability once per day.