Every Enlisted Marine has a Military Occupational Specialty or MOS. Player character Marines in the Outlands Patrol campaign must qualify for a MOS listed below. The list is by no means complete for the Imperial Marine Corps, but it lists useful roles for a Marine Platoon.
Most of these occupation specialties have had special equipment kits designed for them. A character operating in a specific MOS is expected to carry this kit on active duty, besides any mission-specific equipment.
- Rifleman ("grunt") - Marine Kit
- Gunner ("heavy") - Gunner Kit
- Com Tech: Communications/Computer Technician - Com Kit
- Dem Tech: Demolition and Arms Technician - Dem Kit
- Driver Tech: Driver/Technician - Marine Kit
- Med Tech: Medical and Morale duties - Medical Kit
- Recon Op: Reconnaissance Operative - Stealth Kit
- PAC: Power Armor Combat - Power Armor Kit
- Arcane Astrogator: Navigation and orientation specialist - Arcane Kit
- Liaison Op: Liaison and relations duties - Liaison Kit
- Pilot Tech: Pilot/Technician - Support Kit
- Supply Tech: Logistics expert - Support Kit
- Support Tech: Technician - Support Kit
- Mage Tech: Spellware and arcane magic expert - Arcane Kit
Dragon Nobles start out as officers and can do pretty much anything they like as long as they are at least marginally useful.