Recon Tech (Action Powers)
|Templates for Action|
- Main article: Powers (Action)
You can sense the presence of powers at a distance. Make a skill roll and multiply the result by 10; this is the range in meters. Normally, you detect any type of power, but by concentrating on a particular type (name, form, or general description) you can eliminate all others.
You can amplify trace amounts of light. This lets you see normally in anything but complete darkness. It is still possible to sneak on you; there are still shadows and darker areas, but you are not impaired by lack of ambient light.
This power helps you to keep track of the relative position of friends and enemies in combat. As long as you occasionally let your vision sweep across the area, or get information from external sensors or other characters equipped with a tactical overlay, you have an innate spatial awareness of the location of everything and everyone in the vicinity, even when out of your line of sight. You also know your map position.
Two or more friendly characters with Tactical Overlay can link their tactical data for maximum benefit.
- You need never be afraid of hitting one another, this is particularly useful with area attacks.
- All of you can attack a target anyone of you can see regardless of visual obstructions, as long as any physical barriers can be penetrated.
- If anyone connected to your Tactical Overlay is aware of something that is about to surprise you, you are not surprised.
- If anyone connected to your Tactical Overlay is aware of someone Sneaking, you are aware of that creature.
The risk with Tactical Overlay is that an opponent that can read your transmissions and feed them to his own Tactical Overlay; this gives him a +3 bonus on Dodge and Shoot against you-until you turn off your Tactical Overlay.