Prophecy Domain (5A)
|Starfox's 5th Edition Fan Page|
This is an original Cleric domain for 5A.
The prophecy domain is dedicated to communing between the world of the divine and mortals, bringing advice, warning, and if warnings are unheeded, retribution.
Gods of divination, wisdom, and fate patron prophets at any time, but at times any god may feel the need to send an prophet to bring an important divine message.
Players and GMs both are encouraged to come up with a divine message the prophet is trying to spread and to integrate this with the theme of the campaign. Staying true to type, people will rarely heed the prophet's warnings, forcing them to take action themselves. Only once the danger has been faced will the prophet's message be commonly accepted.
|1||Detect Evil and Good, Guiding Bolt|
|3||Augury, Zone of Truth|
|5||Beacon of Hope, Tongues|
|7||Divination, Locate Creature|
When you choose this domain at 1st level your predictions become more reliable. When you cast a divination spell from your cleric spell list you gain the following benefits:
- A spell that has a chance to fail succeeds.
- A spell that can only be used a limited number of times in a period of time looses any such limitation.
- A spell that requires you to make a saving throw; you always succeed.
- A spell that predicts the future predict the future four times as far ahead as the spell normally allows.
Also at 1st level you gain the ability to interpret favorable omens. As a reaction you can allow you or an ally within 30 feet to reroll a single ability check, attack roll, or saving throw with advantage. They must use the second roll, even if it is worse. You can use this a number of times equal to your Proficiency Bonus and regain all uses when you finish a long rest.
Channel Divinity: Portents
Starting at 2nd level, you can use Channel Divinity to cast a spell of the divination school.
- You expand a use of Channel Divinity to cast any one divination spell of a level equal to half your level or less (rounded up). You do not need to expand a spell slot. This spell need not be prepared, or even appear on your spell list, but if it does not appear on your spell list, you do not gain the benefits of the Patient Divination ability with this spell. All attributes of the spell are as given in the spell description, including casting time.
Channel Divinity: Bad Omens
Starting at 6th level, you can channel divinity to interpret omens of doom.
- As a reaction you can force an enemy within 30 feet to reroll a single successful saving throw, ability check, or attack roll with disadvantage. They use the second roll, even if it is better.
When you reach 8th level, you are blessed with divine might in battle. When a creature takes damage from one of your cantrips or weapon attacks, you can also deal 1d8 radiant damage to that creature. Once you deal this damage, you can't use this feature again until the start of your next turn.
Starting at 17th level, you can call on a greater omen that affects many allies. Your Good Omens and Bad Omens abilities now have a range of 100 feet. Good Omens can now affect all allies within 100 feet and Bad Omens can now affect all enemies within 100 feet, as long as they are all rolling for the same task or action. This can help group checks and all saving throws made against a single effect that affects multiple allies.