|Starfox's 5th Edition Fan Page
This is a Bogeyman subclass.
Lured into an alley, the girl screams for help, but no help is coming. Letting go, she shifts in her assailant's arms, her body bursting, a monster crawling out of her skin! Now its the ruffians' turn to scream!
You are the humanoid vessel for a supernatural horror. You have two Identities, your Mundane Identity, and your Monster Identity. You do not transform from one shape to another, instead the monster lives in an extradimensional space and uses your humanoid Identity as a gateway, allowing it to appear in the world while shunting your humanoid body into the extradimensional space. This is called manifestation, and the identity currently in the physical world is said to be manifested. Your two identities can communicate telepathically and share hit points and abilities except as noted.
Your type is not changed. You cannot access your Dark Strike, Unnatural Scent, Monster Scare, or Supernatural Movement abilities. When you mundane identity is manifested, you are in all respects a normal creature of your type, your monstrous nature cannot be detected and you do not detect as magical, but an ability that detects extradimensional spaces can sense such a space inside you.
As a bonus action, or immediately upon taking damage, you can manifest your Monster Identity. All effects and conditions affecting your human identity ends. Your humanoid identity disappears, including clothes and equipment, appearing to burst, releasing the monster inside. Your monster identity manifests, including any gear worn by the monster. You take no damage from this but the sight is horrific, creatures of your choice within 10 feet who can see you suffer the effects of Monster Scare. When you gain the Monster Scare ability at level 2, the range of this effect increases to the range of Monster Scare, and still affects your choice of creatures in the radius, not just those in the cone.
You have a monster possessing you. This is always the same creature, all choices you make for the monster identity remain constant unless you are somehow possessed by another monster. The monster has all your abilities, including the class features you cannot use in your humanoid identity. It has the Aberration, Construct, Dragon, Elemental, Fey, Fiend, Monstrosity, Ooze, Plant, or Undead type, your choice when you gain this ability. The Dark Strike ability inflicts Acid, Bludgeoning, Cold, Fire, Lightning, Necrotic, Piercing, Poison, Psychic, Radiant, Slashing, or Thunder damage, also your choice when you gain this ability.
With one minute of concentration, you can manifest your mundane identity, including clothes and gear. This negates all effects on the monster identity.
At 3rd level, your monster identity evolves new abilities depending on its creature type. These abilities are not available to your mundane identity.
- Aberration On your turn your Dark Strikes have a reach of 15 feet.
- Construct You become immune to psychic and poison damage and the charmed, exhaustion, frightened, incapacitated, paralyzed, petrified, and poisoned conditions.
- Dragon When you use Monster Scare, targets that fail their saving throw also take your Dark Strike damage. At level 11 this damage increases to two Dark Strike dice.
- Elemental You become immune to exhaustion and to the frightened, paralyzed, petrified, poisoned, and unconscious conditions.
- Fey You can use a bonus action to teleport to an unoccupied space you can see within 30 feet. You can use this ability once at 3rd level, 2 times at 11th level and 3 times at 15th level, regaining the uses on a long or short rest.
- Fiend Magical darkness doesn’t impede your darkvision.
- Monstrosity You can cast the Alter Self spell at will.
- Ooze You are immune to the grappled and restrained conditions and can move through a space as narrow as 1 inch wide without squeezing.
- Plant You gain tremorsense 30 feet.
- Undead You gain advantage on attack rolls against frightened creatures. You are immune to poison damage and exhaustion, and to the charmed and poisoned conditions.
At 6th level, your monster identity develops resistance to non-magical bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage, as well as immunity to the damage type inflicted by its Dark Strike.
At 7th level, when you change your manifested form, you can spend Hit Dice to recover Hit Points as if you had taken a short rest.
Starting at 11th level, you can take a bonus action to make a weapon attack, this can be a Dark Strike or some other attack.
Beginning at 15th, when you use your Monster Scare ability, you can call a lesser spirit to possess and control a single victim in the area of effect. The creature with the lowest Challenge rating or level in the area is the one you control. Instead of becoming frightened, this target becomes charmed by you for the same duration. While the creature is charmed, it fights your enemies to the best of its abilities using the target's abilities. It will not attack itself.
When you reach 20th level, each time you assume your Monster Identity, you can choose any type of creature to be possessed by. This allows you to change your monster type and thus the Monster Evolution ability gained at level 3, as well as changing the Dark Strike damage options listed in the Monster Identity ability.