Dodge Tech (Action Powers)
|Templates for Action|
- Main article: Dodge (Action Powers)
You are not a sentient creature but rather low-grade artificial intelligence. This makes you immune to stunts and powers targeting your Charm or Impress. You are also unable to use these skills. If a stunt using either of these skills is made so that it would still reasonably affect you, you can use Dodge as your defense. You also ignore Psychic Damage. You are vulnerable to Spurious Logic.
You can use Dodge in place of Maneuver and Melee. Your body lacks the training to do this safely. Each time you take a Basic Action that uses Maneuver or Melee, roll 1d6. This becomes the shot cost of the Basic Action (instead of the usual 3 shots). If the result is a 1, you also take a Hit from strain. An Unnamed Character always pays 3 shots using this, but still takes a Hit (which defeats it) on a roll of 1.
You have internal hardpoints installed that can carry cybernetic armor. These hardpoints are flexible, and you can mount different kinds of armor depending on the needs of the situation. Changing armor is a Limit Break, and the effect then lasts until you use it again.
- With no armor mounted you gain no Toughness bonus, the hardpoints are visible, and you look like an emaciated robot.
- You can mount a human-like skin that passes for skin to most observation—effectively (Small) and gives 2 points of armor, giving you a Toughness equal to your Body +2.
- You can mount an armored exoskeleton. Your body becomes hard and rigid, tough you retain full mobility. This can be hidden under bulky clothes, such as combat fatigues—effectively (Medium). You gain 5 points of armor, giving you a Toughness equal to your Body +5.
- You can mount cyborg armor. Your size and bulk increases, making it basically impossible for you to pretend to be a baseline human—effectively (Large). You gain 5 points of armor, giving you a Toughness equal to your Body +5. This also gives you the Powered armor ability, increasing your Body by +2, which stacks with the Toughness bonus.
This replaces your vital organs, lungs and intestines with cybernetic equivalents. You also add shielding to your eyes and other sensitive surfaces. It makes you immune to inhaled or ingested poisons, and allows you to operate without food, water, air, and in hostile environments such as underwater or in a vacuum. You can eat and drink anything with no adverse effect on your metabolism.
Used to operate cybernetic exoskeletons or power armors. You can always ignore any first-time skill use penalties when using an exo link. If you have an appropriately cybered power armor, you can ignore the Reflex penalties of the armor.
You back up your mental state into protected hardware memory, and in an emergency you can run on this backup and reboot your wetware memory. You can use this to negate any charm, mind control, or Setback that affects your actions or mental state. You can take this Basic Action anytime, even if you would normally be prevented from doing so.
Modifies the layer of fat under your skin to become shock absorbent. This is almost impossible to discern except trough very invasive body scans—effectively Tiny. You gain 2 points of armor, giving you a Toughness equal to your Body +2.