Agroons are Planetouched who have been affected by the chaotic planes, partticularily Ysgard and Pandemonium, and who carry the very essence of chaos within themselves. They are free and powerful people, with an everlasting sense of wonder and adventure.
Personality: Agroons value freedom and liberty over all other concerns - and are more than ready to fight to maintain them. Brave to a fault and noble of bearing, Agroons often become champions of odd causes or leaders among rebels.
Physical Description: Agroons appear as large, muscular humans, often with a mane of hair. They often seem unkept or untidy. Males like full beards. Their skin tends to be on the tanned side, and slightly more saturated in hue than is normal for humans.
Relations: Agroons do not really relate to races and groups, they relate to individuals. It does not matter to them if you are an orc or an elf, only of your dealings are free and fair. This attitude annoys the clannish races - dwarfs and goblins in particular. Orcs, humans and halflings are generally awed by agroons, while elves and gnomes often find them overbearing.
Alignment: It is rare to find an agroon who is not chaotic - in fact it might be impossible. Good and evil is not important to them, though their sense of sportsmanship is strong.
Agroon Lands: Agroons rarely hold their own lands. In the wake of a chaos incursion, so many agroons may be concentrated in one area that they become politically dominant, but such unions rarely last long, both because the Dragon Empire do not favor such enclaves, and because Agroons generally cannot agree on much of anything.
Language: Agroons speak Common. There is no universal language of chaotic outsiders.
Names: Agroons follow the naming conventions of whatever culture is near, usually adding some epithet, such as "the strong" or "the handsome" to their names.
Adventurers: Agroons are consummate adventurers, and pursue danger and challenge for the thrill. Other adventurers are not always happy to bring Agroons along, as their recklessness and directness can cause trouble.
Agroon Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom. Agroons are athletic and imposing, but lack in awareness and sensitivity.
- Medium-Size. No special rules applies to agroons because of their size.
- Base speed 30 ft.
- Darkvision up to 60 ft.
- Native Outsiders: As outsiders, agroons cannot be raised or resurected, though a 'wish' or 'miracle' can restore them to life. They are not affected by spells targeting humanoids, such as 'hold person'.
- +2 racial bonus on all Intimidation and Perform checks.
- Spell like ability: Agroons can use Prestidigitation once per day as a sorcerer of first level. They like to use this ability to impress and entertain.
- Resistances: Agroons have acid, cold, electricity, fire, and sonic resistance 5.
- Automatic Languages: common. Bonus languages: abyssal, celestial, elf, giant, gnoll, and siarran.
- Favored Class: Imperial Barbarian. An agroon's Imperial Barbarian levels do not count when determining whether or not there is an XP penalty for multiclassing (see PH, chapter 3, experience penalty for multiclass characters). Agroons relish challenge and strong emotion.
- Level Equivalent: +1