Stray, unordered ideas.
Wand of Kuo-toa Skin
KUO-TOA SKIN (Sto 118)
- Level: Druid 1, ranger 1, sorcerer/wizard 2
- Components: V, S, M/DF
- Casting Time: 1 standard action
- Range: Touch
- Target: Creature touched
- Duration: 1 hour/level
- Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
- Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
The subjects skin, as well as clothing, armor, and other personal effects (including worn magic items), take on an oily sheen like the slippery skin of kuo-toas. For the duration of the spell, the subject gains a +8 bonus on Escape Artist checks and cannot be snared by webs (magical or otherwise).
- Arcane Material Component: A kuotoa scale.
Ring of Instant Escape
CMag, p. 126
- Activation: A ring of instant escape requires an immediate action to activate. The ring functions only once per day and resets at midnight.
- Effect: When you are subject to a harmful effect that allows a Reflex save to reduce or negate it (such as a fireball or a dragon's breath), you can activate a ring of instant escape to be instantly transported elsewhere, as per dimension door (PH 221), although the range is limited to 40 feet. This occurs just before the effect resolves, so you are unaffected by it (assuming your destination is outside the area of the effect).
- Cost: 18,000 GP