|Starfox's 5th Edition Fan Page
You are a warrior fighting for the glory of your patron, a creature of vast power that requires you to act as its champion. This patron can be any powerful planar power that values martial skill. Many warmongers warlocks are accomplished warriors, but their focus on physical combat makes them less able to cast offensive spells than other warlocks. Instead, they use their spells to call for aid, often summoning supernatural creatures to fight for them.
Otherworldly Patron Features
Expanded Spell List
|Absorb Elements, False life
|See Invisibility, Summon Beast
|Elemental Weapon, Phantom Steed
|Giant Insect, Summon Elemental
|Animate Objects, Circle of Power
At 1st level, you acquire the training necessary to be a master of war. You gain proficiency with medium and heavy armor, shields, and martial melee weapons.
Blood and Souls
At 1st level, when you reduce a creature to zero hit points with a melee weapon attack, you can choose one of two benefits.
- You and all creatures summoned or created by you heal hit points equal to half your warlock level.
- Cast a warlock spell with a casting time of one action as a bonus action before the end of your current turn.
Beginning at 6th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn. You also gain proficiency with Constitution saving throws.
At 10th level, any one creature that you conjure with a spell is more resilient than normal. Any creature summoned or created by a spell that you cast gains two benefits:
- The creature appears with more hit points than normal: increase its maximum hit points by 5 per level of the spell.
- The damage from its natural weapon and weapon attack is considered magical for the purpose of overcoming immunity and resistance to non-magical attacks and damage.
At 14th level, when you hit with a weapon attack, you do 1d6 force damage in addition to the normal damage of the attack. If you are wielding a melee weapon in two hands, you instead add 1d10 force damage.
Giving a warlock martial weapons, heavy armor, and shields is a great change and I have attempted to balance this with less powerful abilities in other areas. Originally this was inspired by Elric of Melnibone and called Demonblade and had a demon patron, but that was an unneeded restriction so I opened it up.
- Demonblade—An earlier variant of this otherworldly patron.