Leader (Charisma) (5A)
|Starfox's 5th Edition Fan Page
"Our line of attack is on the right, with Arthorn leading. I will follow, and Dirgie will cover us with arrows from the left. I will call out any opening I see. We must keep Ilum safe at the rear so he can be ready to use a spell if things turn sour, but likely he can conserve power by using only cantrips here. After all, this is just an early skirmish — I expect much tougher opposition later on."
An Exemplar subclass. Leaders are skilled experts who use their knowledge to guide other people. While their talents might seem magical, Leaders need no incantations to achieve the seemingly impossible. As a Leader you are best at supporting teammates, using your abilities to make your companions shine.
A typical role for a leader is a mastermind, military officer, noble, official, or courtier.
1st level: Focus Ability
Your Focus Ability is Charisma. You are proficient in Constitution and Charisma saving throws.
1st level: Leader Proficiencies
When you choose this focus at 1st level, you gain proficiency with Insight, Intimidation, and Persuasion. You gain expertise (double Proficiency Bonus) in Intimidation. If you already know one of these, you select another skill to learn.
2nd level: Leader Tricks
You can choose these tricks only available to Leaders.
- Coordinated Attack. When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, you can use this trick to leave the target vulnerable. An ally use a reaction to make a weapon attack against the target of your attack. Add your Exemplar Die to the damage on a hit. This does not spend a die from your Exemplar Dice pool.
- Coordinated Move. Use this trick as you move. An ally within 30 feet who is not Incapacitated can move up to their speed. Both you and allies that move do not trigger attacks of opportunity for this movement.
- Partner Exchange. When you are within 5 feet of a willing ally and either of you is attacked or subject to a single-target effect, you can switch location with that ally. This movement does not trigger attacks of opportunity. If you were the target, it now targets your ally. If your ally was the target, it now targets you.
- Precipitous Rescue. You can activate this trick when an ally within 30 feet of you fails an ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. The ally may re-roll their saving throw. Add your Exemplar Die to the re-roll, and if this was an attack roll and hit, you also add the result of the Exemplar Dice to the damage inflicted. This does not spend a die from your Exemplar Dice pool.
3rd level: Cooperation
The Help action is improved in several ways when you use it.
- You can use Help against an ally as long as that ally can clearly hear you, typically 30 feet, but can be further with the help of things like the Message spell.
- You can use the Help action as a bonus action, or as a reaction when an ally is taking an action. This allows you to take two Help actions on your turn, possibly a third using a reaction.
- You can always use the Help action, even if you are unable to perform the action you are assisting.
6th Level: Leader Dice
You can use Exemplar Dice in unique ways to assist allies.
- After an ally within 30 feet has made an attack, you can spend an Exemplar Die to add to the attack roll, possibly turning a miss into a hit. If the attack hits, you also add the result of the Exemplar Die to the damage of that attack. Like other damage dice, this extra die is rolled an additional time on a critical hit.
- After an ally within 30 feet fails saving throw or ability check, you can spend a die from your Exemplar Dice pool and add the result to their roll.
- When you or an ally within 30 feet is hit by an attack, you can spend an Exemplar Die and add the result to their Armor Class until the start of your next turn, possibly turning the hit into a miss and protecting from further attacks.
- After a failed group check, you can spend an Exemplar Die and add the result to each of your allies' ability checks to help the group check to succeed.
- When using the Coordinated Attack or Coordinated Move tricks, you can roll an Exemplar Die and affect additional allies equal to the result of the die.
10th Level: Battue
You can effectively coordinate with your allies to keep track of and attack concealed and invisible enemies. Allies within 30 feet of you gain blindsight with a range of 5 feet.
14th Level: Greater Coordination
The Coordinated Move and Precipitous Rescue tricks and the Focused Defense, Informed Leader, Coordination Dice, and Battue abilities have their range increased from 30 feet to 100 feet. The blindsight granted by Battue now have a range of 10 feet.