Hunter Conclave (5A)
|Starfox's 5th Edition Fan Page|
Some rangers seek to master weapons to better protect civilization from the terrors of the wilderness. Members of the Hunter Conclave learn specialized fighting techniques for use against the most dire threats, from rampaging ogres and hordes of orcs to towering giants and terrifying dragons.
Source: Player's Handbook
Starting at 3rd level, you learn an additional spell when you reach certain levels in this class, as shown in the Hunter Spells table. The spell counts as a ranger spell for you, but it doesn't count against the number of ranger spells you know.
At 3rd level, you gain one of the following features. of your choice.
- Colossus Slayer. Your tenacity can wear down the most potent foes. When you hit a creature with a weapon attack, the creature takes an extra 1d8 damage if it’s below its hit point maximum. You can deal this extra damage only once per turn.
- Giant Killer. When a Large or larger creature within 5 feet of you hits or misses you with an attack, you can use your reaction to attack that creature immediately after its attack, provided that you can see the creature and it is and within range of your weapon. If the creature did a melee attack against you, you can attack them even if the creature is outside your reach.
- Horde Breaker. Once on each of your turns when you make a weapon attack, you can make another attack with the same weapon against a different creature that is within 5 feet of the original target and within range of your weapon.
At 7th level, you gain one of the following features. of your choice.
- Escape the Horde. Opportunity attacks against you are made with disadvantage.
- Multiattack Defense. When a creature hits you with an attack, you gain a +4 bonus to AC against all subsequent attacks made by that creature for the rest of the turn.
- Steel Will. You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
At 11th level, you gain one of the following features. of your choice.
- Volley. You can use your action to make a ranged attack against any number of creatures within 10 feet of a point you can see within your weapon’s range. You must have ammunition for each target, as normal, and you make a separate attack roll for each target
- Whirlwind Attack. You can use your action to make melee attacks against any number of creatures within >5 feet of you, with a separate attack roll for each target.
Superior Hunter's Defense
At 15th level, you gain one of the following features. of your choice.
- Evasion. When you are subjected to an effect, such as a red dragon’s fiery breath or a lightning bolt spell, that allows you to make a Dexterity saving throw to take only half damage, you instead take no damage if you succeed on a saving throw, and only half damage if you fail
- Stand Against the Tide. When a hostile creature misses you with a melee attack, you can use your reaction to force that creature to repeat the same attack against another creature (other than itself) of your choice within its reach.
- Uncanny Dodge. When <an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, you can use your reaction to halve the attack's damage against you.