Animal Fu (Apath)
|Unofficial rules compendium|
- This is a work in progress.
Animal Fu is the name of a variant of the monk that focuses on emulating the animal styles of animals.
The Animal Fu monk has all the class features of a regular monk, except as follows.
Animal Aspect (Su)
At each level, the animal fu monk gains an animal aspect and incorporates the fighting tricks of one kind of animal into her martial arts. Select one of the following animals and gain the indicated benefit. You cannot select a variant animal animal aspect until you have chosen the normal aspect of the same animal. In some cases the "base animal" is a class of animals.
- Antelope: You do not lose your Dexterity bonus to armor class when you do the run action.
- Anura: Your leaps count as running jumps even without a running start.
- Frog: You can make unarmed grapple attacks as if you had reach, but do not threaten an area for this purpose and cannot make attacks of opportunity this way.
- Toad: You get a +1 bonus on Stealth checks.
- Armadillo: When you take the full defense action, increase your armor class by an additional +2.
- Bat: If you miss due to concealment you may reroll the concealment miss chance on your unarmed attacks.
- Bear: You gain a +1 bonus on grapple checks.
- Bird: Gain a +1 bonus on Perception checks.
- Crow: A creature damaged by one of your unarmed attacks must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ class level + Constitution bonus or be dazzled for one round. A creature need only make this saving throw once per round.
- Raptor: When you spend a move action to make a Perception check, your distance modifier on visual Perception checks is -1 per 100 ft. of distance (rather than -1 per 10 ft. of distance).
- Boar: You remain conscious and can continue fighting even if your hit point total is below 0. You are still staggered and lose 1 hit point each round. You still die when your hit point total reaches a negative amount equal to your Constitution score.
- Canine: You gain scent, except when in water.
- Dog: Gain +2 to sense motive against creatures whose scent you can feel.
- Wolf: You do not trigger attacks of opportunity when you do trip attacks.
- Cat: When you make an unarmed attack in a surprise round, you gain a +2 bonus to hit.
- Cheetah: When you charge, you move three times your speed instead of twice your speed.
- Jaguar: When you charge and hit with an unarmed attack, you may make an additional unarmed attack at a -5 penalty against the same target.
- Lion: When you successfully scare using Intimidation, the target becomes frightened for the first round of the duration.
- Camel: Once per day you can force an opponent hit by one of your unarmed attacks to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ class level + Constitution bonus or be Sickened for 1 round.
- Crocodile: When you successfully grapple a creature with an unarmed attack, that creature is knocked prone.
- Dolphin: You can hold your breath for a number of minutes equal to 4 times your Constitution score before you risk drowning.
- Elephant: You can use Move By Attack and attack with an unarmed attack (only).
- Fish: You do full damage with unarmed attacks underwater.
- Barracuda: You gain a +2 bonus on unarmed damage attack when grappling.
- Eel: You cause 1 point of electric damage with an unarmed attack.
- Octopus: When you do the retreat action underwater, you can move four times your speed.
- Gar: You gain a +1 bonus on grapple checks.
- Pirahna: You gain scent underwater.
- Fox: You gain a +1 bonus on Reflex saves.
- Hedgehog: You cause half unarmed damage to anyone trying to force you into a grapple.
- Llama: Once per day you can force an opponent hit by one of your unarmed attacks to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ class level + Constitution bonus or be Sickened for 1 round.
- Ram: You gain a +2 bonus on Bull Rush maneuvers.
- Simian: You gain a +1 bonus on Climb checks
- Ape: You do not cause attacks of opportunity when you do the disarm maneuver.
- Gorilla: You gain a +1 bonus on grapple checks.
- Monkey: You do not lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class when climbing.
- Snake: You get +4 CMD against Trip attacks.
- Spitting cobra: As a standard action you can force an opponent within 30 ft. to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ class level + Constitution bonus or be blinded for 1 round.
- Viper: Once per day you can force an opponent hit by one of your unarmed attacks to make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ class level + Constitution bonus or take 1d4 points of Constitution damage.
This replaces the bonus feats monks get at level 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, and 20.
Summary of Changed Class Abilities
These abilities of the original class are lost or modified in this archetype:
- Bonus Feats (Level 1, 2, 4, 8, 12, 16, 20)
|The text in this article is Open Game Content. It is covered by the Open Game License v1.0a, rather than the Action copyright. To distinguish it, these items will have this notice. If you see any page that contains OGL material and does not show this license statement, please contact one of the Action administrators. Please note that images used in article may have different copyright than the text.|