Thriae Devotee (Apath)
|Unofficial rules compendium|
A thriae devotee is a bad that emulate thriae.
The thriae are a mystic race of bee-like humanoids famous for their seers and dancers. A few members of other species have learned from the thriae and can use their dances. Other devotees are thriae that have grown beyond their normal position in the hive, a personal growth that is often not appreciated and might result in expulsion from the hive.
This is a bard archetype with thriae dances.
Hit Die: d8.
The thriae devotee has all the standard bard class features, except as noted below.
A thriae devotee is proficient with all simple weapons, plus the composite longbow, composite shortbow, glaive, longbow, rapier, shortsword, and shortbow.
Thriae Dance (Su)
The thriae devotee gains a couple of unique performances, similar in power to the thriae dancer's inspiring dance ability but able to affect all allies, not only thriae. Using these abilities works like using any other bardic performance; merope is not needed and does not confer any benefits on the thriae devotee. All these dances have a range of 60 feet and uses only visual components. This is a mind-affecting effect.
- Dance of Grace: A 1st level thriae devotee learns the dance of grace. All allies gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on Reflex saves. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. This bonus increases by an additional +1 if two or more other thriae dancers or thriae devotees are performing a dance of grace within range. This replaces countersong.
- Dance of Passion: A 1st level thriae devotee learns the dance of passion. All allies gain a +1 insight bonus on attack and damage rolls. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. This bonus increases by an additional +1 if two or more thriae dancers or thriae devotees are performing a dance of passion within range. This replaces inspire courage.
- Dance of Fervor: At 8th level thriae devotees master the dance of fervor. All enemies are affected by confusion and rage. A Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the devotee's level + the devotee's Cha modifier) negates both effects. When this effect ends, affected creatures are fatigued for a number of rounds equal to the time they were affected and are immune to that thriae devotee's dance of fervor effect for 24 hours. This replaces dirge of doom.
- Dance of Vehemence: At 14th level thriae devotees master the dance of vehemence. All enemies are affected by confusion and rage. Roll twice to see what confused targets do, and use the higher roll. A Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 the devotee's level + the devotee's Cha modifier) negates both effects. When this effect ends, affected creatures are exhausted for a number of rounds equal to the time they were affected and are immune to that thriae devotee's dance of vehemence effect for 24 hours. This replaces frightening tune.
Table: Thriae Devotee
|Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Bardic knowledge, bardic performance, cantrips, dance of grace +1, dance of passion +1, distraction, Eschew Material Components, fascinate||1||—||—||—||—||—|
|2nd||+1||+0||+3||+3||Versatile performance, well-versed||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|3rd||+2||+1||+3||+3||Inspire competence +2||3||—||—||—||—||—|
|5th||+3||+1||+4||+4||Dance of grace/passion +2, lore master (1/day)||4||2||—||—||—||—|
|6th||+4||+2||+5||+5||Suggestion, versatile performance||4||3||—||—||—||—|
|7th||+5||+2||+5||+5||Inspire competence +3||4||3||1||—||—||—|
|8th||+6/+1||+2||+6||+6||Dance of fervor||4||4||2||—||—||—|
|10th||+7/+2||+3||+7||+7||Jack-of-all-trades (unskilled use), versatile performance||5||4||3||1||—||—|
|11th||+8/+3||+3||+7||+7||Dance of grace/courage +3, inspire competence +4, lore master (2/day)||5||4||4||2||—||—|
|14th||+10/+5||+4||+9||+9||Dance of vehemence, versatile performance||5||5||4||4||2||—|
|15th||+11/+6/+1||+5||+9||+9||Inspire competence +5, inspire heroics||5||5||5||4||3||—|
|16th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Jack-of-all-trades (class skills)||5||5||5||4||3||1|
|17th||+12/+7/+2||+5||+10||+10||Dance of grace/passion +4, (lore master 3/day)||5||5||5||4||4||2|
|18th||+13/+8/+3||+6||+11||+11||Mass suggestion, versatile performance||5||5||5||5||4||3|
|19th||+14/+9/+4||+6||+11||+11||Inspire competence +6, jack-of-all-trades (take 10)||5||5||5||5||5||4|
Summary of Changed Class Abilities
These abilities of the original class are lost or modified in this archetype:
- Inspire Courage
- Dirge of Doom
- Frightening Tune
- Thriae Dancer @ d20pfsrd.com
|The text in this article is Open Game Content. It is covered by the Open Game License v1.0a, rather than the Hastur copyright. To distinguish it, these items will have this notice. If you see any page that contains OGL material and does not show this license statement, please contact one of the Hastur administrators. Please note that images used in article may have different copyright than the text.|