Ship and Crew (Skull & Shackles)
The hero's current ship is the Setting Sun, formerly named Man's Promise, a prize vessel taken from a Zindian crew that apparently had changed hands numerous times before.
The Setting Sun is a three-masted sailing ship, 100 feet long from stem to stern, and 30 feet wide amidships. The ship needs a minimum crew of 20.
Sorted by section, not by rank.
- Captain Sandara Quinn: Captain, cleric of Besmara the Pirate Queen.
- Cut-Throat Grok: Bosun. The Wormwood’s quartermaster, a no-nonsense character with a huge scar across her neck.
- Ryoko "Fox" Oinari: Cabin girl.
- Wenori: Ship's Mage.
- Jade Navigator
- Onyeka Master-at-arms
- Baako "Barrasa" Sailing master.
- Owlbear Hartshorn: (swab) Simpleton. Fighter.
- Conchobhar Turlach Shortstone (swab): Gnome pirate wannabee. Bard.
- Giffer Tibbs (swab): a gnome with traces of bleaching, one eye, and a new fascination for explosives. Alchemist.
- Rosie Cusswell (swab): Halfling strongwoman. Fighter.
- Barefoot Samms Toppin (rigger): a former fisherwoman from the Sodden Lands who never wears shoes. Ranger?
- Maheem (rigger): a big Zindian with a permanent scowl. Ranger.
- Slippery Syl Lonegan (rigger): an unhinged murderer who fled to sea to escape the gallows. Has a talent for needlework. Rogue.
- “Badger” Medlar (swab): an older half-elven woman who shaves her gray hair into stripes.
- 26 new recruits from Bloodcove
- 4 recruited from White Bridge
- 2 recruited former Aspis Consortium guards
- 1 former Aspis consortium servant
- 1 Marine, 2 sailors from Aspis ship. Marine knows catapult use. 2nd level fighter, siege engine feat.
- Zyx: Former cook on the Wormwood and The Man's Promise.
- Saga: Former officer on the Man's Promise after the mutiny.
- Mr. Plugg: Captain,. Used to be the Wormwood’s bullying and sadistic first mate.
- Master Scourge: First mate, former boatswain and master-at-arms. Mr. Plugg’s right-hand man.