Procan (Greyhawk Action)
The original father and first ruler of the entire Oerdian pantheon, Procan lost interest in his children when they became civilized. He is a sea god, as mercurial as the sea. He is honored as the progenitor of the Oerdian wind gods, lords of life and the common man.
Procan (PROH-kan) is the father of the Oeridian wind gods (Atroa, Sotillion, Telchur, and Wenta) and the sky-god Velnius. He usually ignores other gods save those who rival his control of the sea (Osprem and Xerbo). Typically worshiped for his aquatic aspect, a few inland peoples revere him as a weather god. He is greedy, tempestuous, and mercurial, rarely keeping the same mood for more than an hour. His trident Undertow is made of coral and gold and finds sunken treasure; this weapon over a cresting wave is his holy symbol.
The seas and skies are ever-changing and unpredictable. The waters that blanket the earth are deep and unknowable, and their waves can pull down any ship not guided by Procan. He must be honored so that one can avoid his fury in the greatest storms and reap the bounties of the deep blue waters. Life came from the sea and to the sea all life will return.
Clerics of Procan avoid complexities in life (the faith itself has few rituals) and usually live on or near the sea, attending to those who earn their livelihood on the seas. They are considered good luck on sea voyages, and are often hired by captains, or choose to pilot their own vessels. They may be leaders or enemies of pirates. Procan's holy water is made from salt water, their create water cantrips may create fresh or salty water.
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Animal (Fur), Destruction (Catastrophe), Travel (Exploration), Water (Oceans), Weather (Storms).
Hang a set of chimes where they will be stirred by either wind or water. If no suitable location exists to hang the chimes, you must hold the chimes and shake them gently to sound them throughout your obedience. Chant prayers as you attune yourself to the sound of the chimes, then spray water wildly about you and strike the chimes hard, making as much noise as you can. Gain a +4 sacred or profane bonus on saving throws against air, electricity, and water spells and effects. The type of bonus depends on your alignment—if you’re neither good nor evil, you must choose either sacred or profane the first time you perform your obedience, and this choice can’t be changed.
Evangelist or Feat
- Weather Watcher (Sp) endure elements 3/day, resist energy 2/day, or sleet storm 1/day
- Experienced Traveler (Ex) As a free action, you can grant yourself and any allies within 30 feet of you the ability to move over difficult terrain not caused by vegetation at normal speed and without taking damage or suffering any other impairment. This effect lasts 1 round for every Hit Die you possess or until you dismiss it as a free action, whichever comes first. Your allies must end each round within 30 feet of you or lose the benefit. Areas that are enchanted or magically manipulated to impede motion still affect you and your allies. While using this ability, you also gain a +4 sacred or profane bonus on saving throws against spells and effects that would cause such terrain-based movement impairment, such as the web spell. (Your allies do not gain this bonus.)
- Elemental Ally (Sp) Once per day as a standard action, you can cast summon monster VII to summon a greater air or water elemental. You gain telepathic communication with the elemental to a range of 100 feet, and the elemental obeys your commands perfectly.
- Green Worker (Sp) gentle breeze 3/day, gust of wind 2/day, or call lightning 1/day
- Lightning Child (Su) You become resistant to lightning and similar effects. Gain electricity resistance equal to 5 + your Hit Dice.
- Sky Warrior (Sp) shocking grasp 3/day, elemental touchAPG (cold or electricity only) 2/day, or lightning bolt 1/day
- Elemental Aura (Su) You can create and dismiss an elemental aura as a free action. When you use this ability, choose cold or electricity. When you generate the elemental aura, you are surrounded by the element you chose. Anyone striking you with a melee weapon or natural attack takes 2d6 points of damage of the chosen type, plus 1 point for every 2 Hit Dice you possess (maximum 2d6+10). You can manifest this aura for 1 round per day for every Hit Die you possess. The rounds in which you manifest your elemental aura don’t need to be consecutive.
- Lightning Surge (Su) Once per day as a standard action, you can call a lightning bolt to strike you. This deals no damage to you but instead seems to fill you with boundless energy. You gain 2d10 temporary hit points, and any fatigued or exhausted conditions you are suffering from end. You also gain a +2 bonus to Strength, and your natural attacks and melee weapons deal an extra 1d6 points of electricity damage. These effects last for 1 round plus an additional round for every 4 Hit Dice you possess (maximum 6 rounds).