Oracle of the Way (Apath)
|Unofficial rules compendium|
The oracle of the way is a martial artist of the way of life. Oracles are rarely trained in martial arts, but some were trained before their revelations began or learned martial arts from their revelations.
Publisher: Purple Duck Games.
Starting Age: The way of life oracle has an informal education and starts play in the middle age bracket for their race.
Starting Wealth: 1d6 x 10 gp (average 35 gp.) In addition, each character begins play with an outfit worth 10 gp or less.
Hit Die: d8.
Acrobatics (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (history) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Swim (Str).
The oracle of the way has all the oracle's class abilities, except as noted.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Oracles of the way are proficient with the dagger and quarterstaff. They have no proficiency with armor or shields. If eastern weapons are used in the campaign they are also proficient with the bo and hanbo.
Divine Fist (Ex)
An oracle of the way gains Improved Unarmed Combat as a bonus feat and inflicts 1d6 damage with an unarmed attack (1d4 for a Small character). Divine fist attacks may be with fist, elbows, knees, and feet. This means that an oracle of the way may make unarmed strikes with his hands full. There is no such thing as an off-hand attack for an oracle of the way striking unarmed. An oracle of the way may thus apply his full Strength bonus on damage rolls for all his unarmed strikes. Usually divine fist unarmed strikes deal lethal damage, but the oracle can choose to deal nonlethal damage instead with no penalty on his attack roll. He has the same choice to deal lethal or nonlethal damage while grappling. A divine fist unarmed strike is treated as both a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons. The damage of divine fist increases with base attack bonus; when base attack bonus reaches +4, unarmed damage becomes 1d8 (1d6 if Small). At base attack +8 unarmed damage becomes 1d10 (1d8 if Small), and at +12 it becomes 2d6 (1d8 if Small). Finally, the oracle of the way can substitute Charisma for Wisdom for the prerequisites of style feats. This replaces weapon proficiencies and the oracle's curse.
Enlightened Defense (Ex)
When unarmored and unencumbered, the oracle of the way adds her Charisma bonus (if any) as a dodge bonus to her Armor Class and Combat Maneuver Defense. In addition, an oracle of the way gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four oracle of the way levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level. These dodge bonuses to Armor Class apply against touch attacks. She loses these bonuses when she is flat-footed, immobilized, or helpless, when she wears any armor, when she carries a shield, when she carries a medium or heavy load, or if she is denied her dexterity bonus to armor class.
This replaces all armor proficiencies.
Martial Arts Revelations
An oracle of the way has additional monk-like revelation to select from in addition to those of her mystery.
- Destiny (Ex): You may add your Charisma modifier to Will saving throws. If you pass a Will save, you avoid all result of the effect you saved against, even if you would normally suffer a reduced result. In addition, you gain an oracle's curse.
- Enlightened Moves (Ex) : The oracle adds his class level to all Acrobatics checks made to jump, both for vertical jumps and horizontal jumps. He always counts as having a running start when making jump checks using Acrobatics. In addition the oracle can use a wall within arm's reach to slow his descent. For each oracle level, he takes damage as if the fall were 5 feet shorter than it actually is.
- Fast Movement (Ex) : The oracle gains an enhancement bonus of +10 ft. to his land speed. The bonus increases by 10 ft. at level 6 and every 6 levels thereafter. An oracle in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.
- Stunning Fist (Ex) : The oracle gains Stunning Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. The oracle may attempt a stunning attack a number of times per day equal to his oracle and monk levels combined, plus one more time per day for every four levels he has in classes other than oracle or monk.
- Uncanny Dodge (Ex): An oracle with the uncanny dodge revelation gains the ability to react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does she lose her Dex bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. An oracle of the way with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to Armor Class if an opponent successfully uses the feint action against her or if she is helpless or immobilized. At 9th level or higher the oracle can no longer be flanked. This defense denies another rogue the ability to sneak attack the character by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target has oracle levels. If a character already has uncanny dodge (see above) from another class, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum rogue level required to flank the character.
- Will to Live (Ex): You may add your Charisma modifier to Fortitude saving throws. If you pass a Fortitude save, you avoid all result of the effect you saved against, even if you would normally suffer a reduced result.
- Zeitgeist (Ex): You may add your Charisma modifier to Reflex saving throws. If you pass a Reflex save, you avoid all result of the effect you saved against, even if you would normally suffer a reduced result.
Table: Oracle of the Way
|Spells per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2||Enligtened fighting, mystery, orisons, revelation||1d6||+0||3||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
Summary of Changed Class Abilities
These abilities of the original class are lost or modified in this archetype:
- Class Skills
- Armor and weapon proficiency
- Oracle's Curse
|The text in this article is Open Game Content. It is covered by the Open Game License v1.0a, rather than the Hastur copyright. To distinguish it, these items will have this notice. If you see any page that contains OGL material and does not show this license statement, please contact one of the Hastur administrators. Please note that images used in article may have different copyright than the text.|