Hextor (Greyhawk Action)
Lawful Evil, Third Generation Oerdian god
Hextor is Hieroneous evil brother and the Oerdian god of tyrrany. He claims the right to rule based on strength and ability. He disdains Hieroneous tolerance for weakness. The weak exist only to serve the strong. He is an ascended mortal sponsored by Tiamat.
Hextor (HEKS-tor) is the arch-foe of Heironeous, his brother and fellow Oeridian war god. He seeks to conquer or destroy any that oppose him. He is depicted as a handsome man with dark hair and light skin when shown as a god who rules through strength, but takes the visage of a gray-skinned, horrible six-armed being when shown in his more violent aspect. He uses a different weapon in each arm and wears iron scale armor with many skull decorations. His icon is the Symbol of Hate and Discord, six red arrows facing downward in a fan.
The world is a dark and bloody place where the strong rule the weak, and power is the only reward. It is often necessary to be cruel and merciless in the pursuit of ones goals, and achieving those goals can have harsh consequences. Order must be forged out of chaos and law out of anarchy. The forces of tyranny must be obeyed and dissenters must be oppressed or destroyed.
Most of Hextor's temples are built on the sites of great battles where many were slaughtered. Hextor's clerics constantly train themselves in the arts of war, for they plan or lead attacks on rebels and do-gooders. Many serve petty or powerful leaders, and others still have achieved significant political positions of their own, particularly in the former Great Kingdom. Individuals and small groups strike out from established churches to sow dissent in enemy lands, bringing down foreign nations from within so that the arms of Hextor may conquer.
Recently, Hextorians have been pushed out of the limelight in the Great Kingdom, which as forced them to re-evaluate and adapt. Some have started using firearms, saying these weapons are suited to their gods many arms and fiery nature. Others say they picked up a trick or two from their enemy, Myrlund.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Symbol: Six red arrows facing downward in a fan.
Evil, Destruction, Law, Nobility, War.
Do combat drill for half an hour, preferably in a group, recitiong passages from Hextor's creed and meditate upon how your god’s will guides your actions. Spend the next half hour recounting the orders and obligations that your superiors have given you and planning the orders you will give your subordinates. You gain a +4 profane bonus on saving throws against spells and effects with the chaotic, good, or pain descriptor.
- Slave-Taker's Tools (Sp) command 3/day, stoke the inner fire 2/day, or chain of perditionUC 1/day
- Sense Slaves (Ex) You gain the scent ability, but only with respect to humanoids. You gain a +2 favored enemy bonus against humanoids, which stacks with any favored enemy bonus you already possess against humanoids.
- Crushing Strike (Su) Once per day, you can channel the Prince of Steel’s power through your weapon as a free action. You must declare your use of this ability before you make an attack roll. On a hit, the weapon rips away a chunk of the foe's flesh. Your target takes 5d6 points of magic evil bludgeoning damage and starts to bleed unless it succeeds at a Fortitude save (DC 10 + 1/2 your HD + your Charisma modifier). If the target fails its save, it takes an additional 2d6 points of bleed damage each round until it succeeds at a Fortitude save at the original DC. The Heal skill cannot stop this bleeding, and cure spells only do so if they restore the target to full hit points.
- Tyrant's Weapons (Sp) bane 3/day, dread boltUC 2/day, or protection from energy 1/day
- Dread Fangs (Su) Two fangs emerge from your mouth. Twice per day as part of casting a spell or using a spell-like ability, you may remove one of these fangs and use it to augment that spell or spell-like ability; this counts as adding a somatic component to the casting. This augmentation acts as your choice of one of the following metamagic feats: Bouncing SpellAPG, Enlarge Spell, Extend Spell, or Silent Spell. The fangs are insubstantial, and cannot be used to make a bite attack.
- Bladestorm (Sp) You can create a whirling curtain of blades of fire and steel. This ability acts like a blade barrier cast by a cleric but also sends out waves of heat like a wall of fire. Humanoid creatures killed by this ability rise as uncontrolled burning skeletons.
- Might Makes Right (Sp) protection from good 3/day, weapon of aweAPG 2/day, or deadly juggernautUC 1/day
- Knight of Arms (Ex) You may treat any weapon as if you were proficient in it and had the Weapon Focus feat for that weapon. If you already have Weapon Focus for that weapon, your critical hits with that weapon cause the target to bleed as if you had the Bleeding Critical feat.
- Pyroclastic Champion (Su) Hextor infuses you with more of his essence. As a free action, you can grow or dismiss four additional arms. You can use these arms as normal arms, tough they are all considered off-hands. You cannot wield two-handed weapons in these additional arms. This is a polymorph effect.