|Heroic Action Role-Play|
Gimmicks are nifty items that can help on an adventure, but usually have limited number of uses. Some heroes are known for having constant access to specific gimmicks while others have a utility belt or gimmick bag from which they can draw nearly everything. Each gimmick is a separate item, but a hero can have a Stock of several gimmicks.
Acquiring Gizmos by Xp
There are three types of gimmicks.
Most characters stay with one type of gimmicks, but some Gimmicks can be purchased in several different ways, trading variety for Stock. You can purchase each schtick multiple times to gain multiple uses, but be careful about buying several different versions to avoid confusion.
- Flexible Pool Once per session you can select any one of gimmick you could reasonably have access to. Each of these can only be used in one scene and are then expended until the next session.
- Pool Twice per session you can select a gimmick, all of the same subtype (Alchemic Items, Gadgets, or Gizmos) selected when the schtick is bought. Each of these can only be used in one scene and are then expended until the next session.
- Flexible Any three gimmicks selected when you take the schtick. Each of these can only be used in one scene and are then expended until the next session. The GM may allow substitutions, generally at the start of a session.
- No Options Any four gimmicks from one specific subtype of gimmicks (Alchemic Items, Gadgets, or Gizmos). Every item must be selected when you take the schtick. Your Stock of each gimmick lasts for one scene. The GM may allow substitutions, generally at the start of a session.
Gizmos and Origin
- Alchemic Items are tied to the Magic origin.
- Gadgets are tied to the Technology origin.
- Gizmos have the Origin of the power in each Gizmo.
In some campaign worlds there is a strong Origin Divide among different origins. Check with your GM regarding your campaign. However, regardless of origin, you can use any Gimmick unless you have a specific Method or Limitation that prevents this.