Divine Scion (Apath)
|Unofficial rules compendium|
Many are the mortals who chose to serve the gods, in small ways and large. A few are instead chosen by their deities to fulfill sacred missions. Some are merely graced with the anointing spirit of divinity, while a few are the literal scions of their divine patrons, by-blows of a dalliance with mortals. Whatever the source, these are the few who can, with the proper training, become divine scions. The spark of divinity animates their every deed, and voices whisper secrets and commands that were never meant for the ears of others.
This is a prestige archetype.
Prestige Class: Divine scion from Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Inner Sea Magic.
Build Classes: Cleric.
The divine scion is a cleric specialized in one domain and one weapon.
Role: A divine scion is the champion of his faith and and incarnation of his domain. More aggressive than a normal cleric, the divine scion often faces his chosen enemies head-on.
Alignment: A divine scion must have a patron deity, and must have the same alignment as the patron.
Hit Die: d8.
The divine scion's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (planes) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Spellcraft (Int), and Stealth (Dex).
Skill Ranks at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier.
The divine scion has all the cleric's class features, except as follows.
Lack of Fortitude
The divine scion has been sheltered from the physical trials of normal clerics, and has a poor Fortitude saving throw, as shown in Table: Divine Scion.
Scion Bonus Feats
A divine scion gains the following bonus feats at the indicated levels, without needing to fulfill the prerequisites.
- Level 1 Weapon Focus (deity's favored weapon)
- Level 4 Weapon Specialization (deity's favored weapon)
- Level 10 Greater Weapon Focus (deity's favored weapon)
- Level 12 Greater Weapon Specialization (deity's favored weapon)
This replaces the channel energy ability gained at level 1, 3, 5, 11, and 13.
Opposition Alignment (Ex)
At 6th level a divine scion must pick one of the following alignment subtypes as her opposition alignment: chaotic, evil, good, or law. The opposition alignment she chooses must be one that she does not possess as part of her own alignment. She gains a +1 bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance of creatures with that alignment subtype. This replaces the channel energy gained at level 7.
Domain Specialization (Su)
At 8th level, a divine scion selects a domain granted by her deity—this domain becomes the divine scion’s chosen specialization in representing her deity. Although most divine scions pick domains that they already have, they don’t have to do so. Every time a divine scion casts a domain spell from her specialized domain (regardless of whether it is prepared in a domain slot or not), she heals damage equal to twice the spell’s level.
In addition, each domain specialization grants a spell-like ability (which functions at a caster level equal to the divine scion’s total character level) and a permanent sacred bonus (or profane, if the divine scion is evil) on a single game value.
The specific spell-like abilities and bonuses granted are listed below.
- Air: fly 1/day; +4 on Fly checks
- Animal: beast shape I 1/day; +4 on Handle Animal checks
- Artifice: crafter’s fortune 3/day; +4 on Craft checks
- Chaos: detect law at will ; +2 on Will saves
- Charm: beguiling gift 3/day; +4 on Diplomacy checks
- Community: tongues 1/day; +4 on Diplomacy checks
- Darkness: shadow weapon 3/day; +4 on Perception checks
- Death: murderous command 3/day; +2 on Fortitude saves
- Destruction: break 3/day; +4 on Intimidate checks
- Earth: stone fist 3/day; +4 on Survival checks
- Evil: detect good at will; +2 on Will saves
- Fire: flame arrow 1/day; +4 on Acrobatics checks
- Glory: archon’s aura 1/day; +4 on Intimidate checks
- Good: detect evil at will; +2 on Will saves
- Healing: symbol of healing 1/day; +4 on Heal checks
- Knowledge: identify 3/day; +4 on Knowledge checks (choose one)
- Law: detect chaos constant; +2 on Will saves
- Liberation: remove sickness 3/day; +4 on Escape Artist checks
- Luck: divine favor 3/day; +2 on Reflex saves
- Madness: fumbletongue 3/day; +4 on Bluff checks
- Magic: detect magic at will; +4 on Spellcraft checks
- Nobility: command 1/day; +4 on Diplomacy checks
- Plant: speak with plants 1/day; +2 on Fortitude saves
- Protection: wrathful mantle 1/day; +1 to Armor Class
- Repose: sanctify corpse 3/day; +2 on Fortitude saves
- Rune: comprehend languages 3/day; +4 on Linguistics checks
- Scalykind: summon nature’s ally III (reptilian creatures only), 1/day; +2 on Reflex saves
- Strength: burst bonds 3/day; +4 on combat maneuver checks
- Sun: daylight 1/day; +4 on Perception checks
- Travel: expeditious retreat 3/day; +4 on Acrobatics checks
- Trickery: glibness 1/day; +4 on Stealth checks
- Void: deeper darkness 1/day; +4 on concentration checks
- War: true strike 3/day; +1 on weapon damage rolls
- Water: water walk 1/day; +4 on Swim checks
- Weather: cloak of winds 1/day; +4 on Survival checks
This replaces the channel energy gained at level 9 and the worsened Fortitude save.
Divine Wrath (Su)
At 14th level, a divine scion’s damaging spells deal +1 point of damage per die against creatures with an alignment subtype that matches the divine scion’s opposition alignment. This replaces the channel energy gained at level 15.
Deific Defense (Su)
At 16th level, a divine scion gains DR 2, bypassed by attacks with the alignment subtype of her opposition alignment (so a divine scion with “evil” as her opposition alignment gains DR 2/evil). This replaces the channel energy gained at level 17.
Divine Awe (Su)
At 18th level, a divine scion’s spells can stagger creatures that match the alignment subtypes of the divine scion’s opposition alignment. When such a creature is affected by a divine scion’s spell, it is staggered for 1 round if it fails its save against that spell, in addition to other effects of the spell. If the creature makes its save (or if the spell doesn’t allow a saving throw), this ability has no effect. This replaces the channel energy gained at level 19.
At 10th level, a divine scion becomes a true scion of her deity. The amount of healing she gains from her domain specialization doubles. Her divine wrath ability now deals +2 points of damage per die against creatures of the appropriate alignment. The damage reduction granted by her deific defense increases to 5. Finally, she permanently increases her Wisdom score by +1.
Table: Divine Scion
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Spells per Day|
|1st||+0||+0||+0||+2||Aura, domain, orisons, Weapon Focus||3||1+1||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|10th||+7/+2||+3||+3||+7||Greater Weapon Focus||4||4+1||4+1||3+1||3+1||2+1||—||—||—||—|
|12th||+9/+4||+4||+4||+8||Greater Weapon Specialization||4||4+1||4+1||4+1||3+1||3+1||2+1||—||—||—|
Summary of Lost Class Abilities
These abilities of the original class are lost or modified in this archetype:
- Channel Energy
- Spontaneous Casting
|The text in this article is Open Game Content. It is covered by the Open Game License v1.0a, rather than the Hastur copyright. To distinguish it, these items will have this notice. If you see any page that contains OGL material and does not show this license statement, please contact one of the Hastur administrators. Please note that images used in article may have different copyright than the text.|