Blue Brotherhood (Greyhawk Action)
A PC-led civic society dedicated to justice and fairness in Korvosa, and in the long run all of Ahlissa.
- Arael (LG male half-elf cleric of Hieroneus): The acting leader of the Blue Brothers. His frustrations with the government of Korvosa aren’t that they are pawns of devil-worshippers, but that they don’t do more to make their city a better place to live. He hopes that by founding a group of do-gooders, if not outright “people’s heroes” (he’s loath to actually use the word “rebel” since that has negative connotations in his mind), he can show the city’s rulers a better way.
- Janiven (CG Female Common human ranger): Having lived her entire life in Korvosa’s oppressive streets, Janiven was often depressed and moody. Janiven is an attractive woman who downplays her beauty by wearing rough clothing and armor and adopting a generally stern and no-nonsense attitude.
- Amaya (CG female Tian human bard): Amaya is a well-mannered glassblower and an incredibly beautiful woman who’s somewhat self-conscious about the effect her appearance has on others—she dresses plainly as a result. She hopes someday to visit her distant kin who still live in Magnimar and Sandpoint in Perrenland.
- Ermolos (NG male Oerdian human fighter): Ermolos is incredibly muscular, a physique the result of a long apprenticeship as a blacksmith. He walks with a slight limp—a lingering effect of a childhood illness. His father, Ermolos the Elder, was a relatively well-known adventurer who vanished on an ill-fated journey to the Tilvan Peninsula several years ago—Ermolos still clings to the hope to some day travel across the Sea to find his missing parent.
- Fiosa (LG female halfling cleric): Fiosa is a house servant who is friends with many halfling slaves; she takes advantage of her freedom to help her kin as best she can. She has a very real respect for Janiven and Arael after they helped her smuggle several halfing slaves out of Korvosa (and out of a particularly heinous merchant’s home), and her newfound faith in Hieroneus is quite strong.
- Gorvio (N male Oerdian human sorcerer): Gorvio works for his uncle Jacovo, a horse trader, but has increasingly grown curious about his ancestry—his vibrant amber eyes (among hints he’s overheard from his uncle during the man’s frequent drunken bouts) make him suspect that somewhere in his past lurks the blood of a tiefling or two.
- Larko (N male Flan human ranger): Larko lives a simple life as a dock worker, but daydreams of his childhood in the hills east of Korvosa and hopes some day to be able to afford to move out of the city and live a hunter’s life. He’s the strong, silent type, rarely speaking unless he has to.
- Mathalen (LN female Oerdian human monk): Mathalen is a thin and wiry woman who worked as a porter but found the job dreadfully dull. She got through her days by making sure to take frequent breaks to meditate and purge her mind of “the poisons of menial labor.” This attitude struck her employer as lazy, and she was recently fired from her job and thinks of the Blue Brotherhood as her new calling.
- Rizzardo (CN male Rhenne human barbarian): After stowing away on a ship, Rizzardo found himself more or less stuck in Korvosa years ago. He earns his keep working at odd jobs as an unskilled laborer, but has to switch jobs frequently as a result of his temper and impatience at following orders from one person for too long. He only joined the Blue Brotherhood because of a powerful attraction to Janiven, but has since grown to enjoy the company of the others, particularly Ermolos, who he insists sounds like his little brother.
- Sclavo (LG male Common human paladin): A soft-spoken yet intractable (if secret) worshiper of Hieroneus, Sclavo has long worked as a scribe for one of Korvosa’s courts. He longs for a day when the laws of Ahlissa can be reformed, and sees this group as a tool that, eventually, can be used to do just that.
- Tarvi (CG female Oerdian human wizard): Tarvi’s parents own a prosperous jewelry store in Korvosa— the “Glitter Palace.” She’s worked there for years, but is far too witty and intelligent to do the job well. In those years she has engineered the failure of no less than a dozen attempts by her parents to get her married into nobility. Her true passion is studying magic—she has little time for romance, and hopes some day to be able to create and sell magical jewelry.
- Vitti (N male Oerdian human druid): Vitti is a strange, eccentric man who dyes his hair green and refuses to eat any food he doesn’t grow or catch himself. A talented woodcarver whose works earn him a modest income, he prides himself on the fact that he only carves wood that’s been harvested from deadfalls and other trees that died of natural causes.
- Yakopulio (CN female gnome rogue): Of all the Blue brotherhood, noisy and irreverent Yakopulio is the least religious—she wears her atheism proudly, and her eagerness to contradict often sparks arguments among the others in the group. She works as a bartender (and moonlights as a pimp) at a tavern called the Bruised Eel, and many of the others in the Blue Brotherhood don’t understand what Arael sees in the offensive gnome.
- Xenta (Female Common human bard): The secret identity of Tabrina Sabor, the painter accused of murdering the queen mother, disguised by wearing shoes and wearing her hair long and colored brown. She is an innocent, a gifted artist making a way in the world, whose interest in political change came through her own persecution.
- Angvar Thistlecrest (Male Oerdian human wizard): A mercenary and sometime thug, Angvar sees the brotherhood as a patron and expects to be paid, but is more infected with the creed than he cares to admit.
- Thuvalia Barabbio (Female Rhenne human cleric): Banished from her people for joining a religion, Thuvalia has lived the life of a wanderer. She has been married to Angvar for a few years now. He is the thinker of the pair, but she takes command during the actual action.
- Patrissa Vrakes (Female Common human sorcerer): Patrissa is the girlfriend of Oz, a dilettante and female adventurer. She joined the Blue Brotherhood to impress Oz.
- Samariha Beldush (Female half-elf wizard): A pathfinder and student of magic, Samariha is the girlfriend of Zelnik and officially joined the brotherhood to help him keep an eye on it. In reality, she is trying to convince him to join fully too.